Investor Visa

Investor Visa

For non-US nationals looking to invest in a US enterprise, there are two primary immigration routes to consider: the E-2 Treat Investor visa and the EB-5 investor program.

E2 visa for Treaty Investors


The E2 visa permits nationals of E2 Treaty nations to enter and work in the US in a business in which they have made a substantial investment. It also allows employees of the company with specialized skills to work in the US.

Although the E-2 visa allows a foreign investor to live in the United States, it does not offer holders a route to US permanent residence. There is no cap on the number of E2 visas allocated and E2 investors are permitted to bring spouses and minor children to the US.

EB-5 Visa Program


Through the EB-5 program, non-US investors may become eligible to secure a US Green Card by investing $1 million into a new commercial enterprise that results in the creation of ten full-time jobs for US workers, or investing $1,050,000 through a ‘Regional Center’.

With permanent residence status, EB-5 visa holders are permitted to live, work and study in the US and are allowed to bring spouses and minor children with them.

Contact AVA today so our attorneys can conduct a detailed analysis on which investor track is right for your circumstances!